Biome & AI
- Users to make informed choices and to obtain standardised and easy-to-use tools, and
- Method developers to showcase novel approaches and to get trusted benchmarks for publications.
assesses the "expected" gene content. BUSCO can be used for
- quality control of genomics data sets,
- applications in comparative genomics,
- gene predictor training, and
- the broadest coverage from animals to microbes and viruses
- evolutionary and functional annotations of orthologs
Human virus screening from high-throughput sequencing data
A collaborative project for prophage annotation.
MicroBiome / AI ✨
Why metagenomics? - an open approach.
Viromics of clinical samples
was a subject of our productive collaboration with the HUG virology lab.
Epstein-Barr virus sequence diversity in chronically infected patients & G2GWAS.
Why Machine Learning? - the way forward.
Genomics / Sequencing 🐜
was part of many animal and arthropod sequencing projects, and we have contributed some of these.
We have also sequenced a few ourselves:
Dipluran Campodea augens
is a blind soil-dwelling and ancestrally wingless hexapod
Damselfly Calopteryx splendens
belongs to the early radiated winged insect clade of Palaeoptera
We have found
- a detoxification gene that has not been found in the genome of any other insect,
Drain fly Psychoda alternata